A flame-sensor is one kind of detector which is mainly designed for detecting as well as responding to the occurrence of a fire or flame. The flame detection response can depend on its fitting. It includes an alarm system, a natural gas line, propane & a fire suppression system. This sensor is used in industrial boilers.
The main function of this is to give authentication whether the boiler is properly working or not. The response of these sensors is faster as well as more accurate compare with a heat/smoke detector because of its mechanism while detecting the flame.
|DISTANCE RANGE OF FLAME SENSOR|
A sensor which is most sensitive
to a normal light is known as a flame sensor. That’s why this sensor module is
used in flame alarms. This sensor detects flame otherwise wavelength within the
range of 760 nm – 1100 nm from the light source. This sensor can be easily
damaged to high temperature.
|ANGULAR RANGE OF FLAME SENSOR|
So this sensor can be placed at a
certain distance from the flame. The flame detection can be done from a 100cm
distance and the detection angle will be 600. The response of these sensors is
faster as well as more accurate compare with a heat/smoke detector because of
its mechanism while detecting the flame. The output of this sensor is an analog
signal or digital signal. These sensors are used in firefighting robots like as
a flame alarm.
The pin configuration of this sensor is shown below. It includes four pins which include the following. When this module works with a microcontroller unit then the pins are
- Pin1 (VCC pin): Voltage supply rages from 3.3V to 5.3V
- Pin2 (GND): This is a ground pin
- Pin3 (AOUT): This is an analog output pin (MCU.IO)
- Pin4 (DOUT): This is a digital output pin (MCU.IO)
CONNECTION DIAGRAM OF MICROCONTROLLER WITH FLAME SENSOR AND BUZZER
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
The features of this sensor include the following.
- Photosensitivity is high
- Response time is fast
- Simple to use
- Sensitivity is adjustable
- Detection angle is 600
- It is responsive to the flame range
- Accuracy can be adjustable
- Operating voltage of this sensor is 3.3V to 5V
- Analog voltage outputs and digital switch outputs
- The PCB size is 3cm X 1.6cm
- Power indicator & digital switch o/p indicator
- If the flame intensity is lighter within 0.8m then the flame test can be activated, if the flame intensity is high, then the detection of distance will be improved.