The colour and thickness of the milk can help us tell if it is cow or buffalo milk. Cow and buffalo milk both have characteristics that contribute to their distinct nutritional value and health advantages, despite their differences in composition and richness. They can assist you in maintaining a healthy diet and a strong body.
Nutrition of Cow Milk and Buffalo Milk
1. Fat content – These two types of milk are immediately distinguishable from one another based on their fat contents. Buffalo milk has a larger percentage of fat than cow’s milk, which makes you feel fuller for longer. Cow’s milk, on the other hand, has a low fat content, making it simpler to digest. On average, the fat content of buffalo milk is two times more than that of cow milk. Therefore, buffalo milk has a fat level of roughly 7-8%, compared to an average of 3-4% for cow milk.
2. Protein content of cow vs. buffalo milk – Buffalo milk has a higher protein level than cow milk, which may make it more difficult to digest. Its protein level, which ranges from 4.2% to 4.5%, is 11% more than that of cow milk’s.
3. Cow milk and buffalo milk have different cholesterol contents; buffalo milk has much less cholesterol than cow milk. Cow milk contains 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol, compared to 0.65 mg/g in buffalo milk.
4. Cow milk reports a higher water content than buffalo milk, which is reported to be lower. This is due to the fact that it contains fewer solids, with milk being constituted primarily of water (approximately 90%). It’s this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie amount of cow and buffalo milk – Buffalo milk has more calories due to the higher protein and fat content. You eat roughly 100Kcals worth of food for every 100ml of buffalo milk. Cow milk, on the other hand, has roughly 70 Kcal.
Cow milk would be the best choice if you’re on a diet to lose weight and boost your metabolic processes because it is low in calories, fat, and protein. On the other hand, buffalo milk is what you should consume every day if you want to put on weight and strengthen fragile bones.